Sunday, April 3, 2011

Agony Aunt

Dear Anne
One of my close friends is absolutely beautiful, one of the best looking girls I've ever seen. On top of this she's friendly, funny and very flirty. I love her to bits but because of her looks and charm she constantly gets attention from men when we're out and this means no one is ever interested in me. If I meet someone I like I'm afraid of when they meet her because I know that without exception they'll want her instead. I'm scared it's affecting our friendship because I don't want to socialize with her or meet men, because every time a person I like prefers her it really hurts. I don't know what to do. Jen





Dear Anne
I really need help. I've been in a two year relationship with a wonderful girl. We have a deep bond and she's almost perfect. Her main problem is that she gives me a hard time for going out with friends because even though I've never cheated or thought about cheating, she doesn't trust me. Also in 5 months she may be moving home to Europe, meaning either I go with her or I stay here and lose her. In the meantime I've met a girl at work. She's great too, not who I thought was my type, but she's a great person. At first I thought my feelings for her were platonic but I found out she will be leaving work in a few weeks and suddenly I got a rush of anxiety. I think I have a crush on her. Everything my brain tells me is that I should disregard this and focus on my relationship with the first girl, but I can't stop thinking about the second. I've not intimated my feelings to the second girl. Help me please! James




Dear Anne
Please can you help me? I'm at the end of my tether. I've been in a relationship for 6 years. I love my boyfriend very much but very often he will wet the bed. He was badly treated by his step father as a child. He was very close with his eldest brother, who was killed falling off scaffolding at work. He always talks of these awful things very openly but I'm sure there is so much locked inside. Sometimes he will be talking to me and urine will leak out of him like a stream, yet he has no idea. Yes I know it can be down to alcohol but it has happened otherwise. Are there other problems we should investigate? Vikki


What should they do?
Give them some advice.